How to Speak to a Live IRS Agent
If you are calling the IRS regarding your personal taxes and are trying to get a real person on the phone then see below. To help we have listed the numbers to press after calling the IRS which currently will get you a real live IRS agent on the phone.
One of our clients called us because he was frustrated. He had been trying to call the IRS and speak to a human. He had tried various options but none gave him the answer. He needed to speak to an IRS agent.
Dialing 1-800-829-1040 can leave you stuck in the “Choose Option” loop.
Now we share with you the quickest way to get a live IRS agent.
The number to call if you have a question regarding your personal taxes is:
- 1st option is to choose 1 to continue in English
- 2nd option is to choose 2 Answers about your Personal Income Taxes
- 3rd option is to choose 1 Questions about a Form, Payment, Order Tax Transcript
- 4th Option is to choose 3 For all Other Questions
- 5th option is to choose 2 For all Other Questions
- 6th You will be transferred to an IRS Tax Agent!
As a recap if you trying to call the IRS 1800 number and would like to speak to an agent then when asked press the following options:
Call 1800-829-1040 then press the following options 1 2 1 3 2 and speak to an agent.